Rucksack Inn @Lavender Street (Green Kiwi)
Managed by Rucksack Inn @ Lavender, Green Kiwi was voted Best Hostel Singapore 2014 by Hostelworld! We love Singapore, and want you to love it too :) Fantastic staff that will get to know you, lovely breakfast, unlimited internet, wi-fi, aircon, lockers, maps and advice, all free :)
Our staff will give you all their local knowledge of what to see and do - our mission is to make sure you leave feeling you really know one of the world's most unique cities!
- see the fantastic new Gardens by the Bay at night, as well as the 150 year old UNESCO candidate 'Botanic Gardens' by day
- see the big city lights of Marina Bay and the Singapore River area, as well as the two free light shows
- Singapore's best kept secret, the URA Singapore City Gallery, 3 floors of scale models of the city (we call it the Backpacker Helicopter Tour :)
- Orchard Road has 22 malls, but we can tell you which ones are the best, or direct you to Bugis for some serious (and cheaper) shopping
- if you've seen one Chinatown you've seen them all, but it's just 5 stops on the MRT, there's a great Hindu temple plus lots of 3-for-$10 souvenir shops if you've got space in your backpack
- in nearby Little India there's the newly refurbished Sri Veerama Kaliamman Temple, well worth seeing (50,000 devotees attended it's reopening day)
All of the above are free!
In Singapore most of the attractions are in the $30 range, so quite affordable. Splash out on the world's biggest aquarium, explore the world's best (and cage free) Zoo or it's nocturnal sister the Night Safari, or get escape the heat in the Cloud Forest & Flower Dome.
We have all these tickets available for you, so you'll never find 'sold' out once you get to the attraction, and all are at a discount.
If it's city skyline views you're looking for, we have tickets for the Singapore Flyer, or we can direct you to the Marina Bay Sands rooftop, Ce La Vie, or New Asia Bar for great skyline views with a drink in your hand. Speaking of drinks, we have Singapore's famous Tiger beer cheaper than 7-11, so you can pre-load before you go out, or just hang out at the hostel and swap stories :)
If you are looking for a friendly place to stay in Singapore, in the central city area convenient to public transport and getting around, this is it! We are a small laid back place to stay where you'll some meet great people and get some sleep!
Priority will be given to guests with a foreign passport here on a tourist visa. Local and Permanent Residents who wish to stay will need to contact us at any of the email addresses provided prior to making a reservation. Guests who do not observe the terms and conditions will be turned away without refunds.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- Age Restriction
- Air Conditioning
- Airport Transfers
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Ceiling Fan
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free City Tour
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Reception (limited hours)
- Safe Deposit Box
- Shuttle Bus
- Taxes included
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
1. Public Transport
- Train: Board the train towards Tanah Merah Station in about 4 min and alight at Expo Station, 1 stop later. Board the train towards Bukit Panjang Station in about 7 min and alight at Bendemeer Station, 12 stops later. Take Exit A and walk to the hostel.
(First train to Tanah Merah Station departs Changi Airport Station at 5.31am on Monday to Saturday and at 5.59am on Sunday and public holidays.)
2. Airport Shuttle
- The City Shuttle will bring passengers to most downtown hostel / hotels at a rate of S$9 per adult
(The City Shuttle departs every 15 minutes during peak hours and up to 30 minutes during non-peak hours. Please approach the 24-hour Ground Transport Concierge at the Arrival Halls for bookings.)
Singapore is a fantastic city - we're in the central city part, with easy access to everything you want to see via the island's famed fantastic public transport
Nearby train station: Bendemeer MRT station and Boon Keng MRT station