Nate's Place Backpackers
***We are a genuine international youth hostel for travelers aged between 18 - 35 with a foreign passport only***
Nate’s Place Backpackers offers affordable accommodation and is just a short walk to Kings Cross Station. We are perfectly situated in between the bustling Kings Cross nightlife district and the central city so you can explore all Sydney has to offer with ease. And if you feel like relaxing you are only a short walk away from Hyde Park where you can sit down and listen to the daily buskers.
Managed by a brand new, fun-loving team, we’re the perfect hostel to accommodate you on your adventure to Sydney!
Just two train stops or a short walk away you’ll find Westfield Tower and shopping centre, Darling Harbour, Hyde Park and an array of other city attractions. Two stops in the other direction, you’ll find the world famous Bondi Beach and beautiful coastal walks. And if you don’t feel like going that far you’ll find a tasty selection of bars and clubs right on your doorstep.
Free unlimited WiFi Internet is available around the clock and we offer a free continental breakfast every morning with tea and coffee available all day. We also have an amazing rooftop with scenic views of the city (including the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge) which is perfect for chilling with friends, having a twilight dinner or even a couple of drinks!
We have a fully equipped kitchen, separate male and female bathrooms with plenty of showers (so you’re never waiting around), washers and dryers for all those travel-worn clothes and chilled TV room with Foxtel (over 100 channels!) for when you just fancy relaxing.
We organise events every night so make sure you check out the notice board, see what’s going on, and get involved.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour security
- Age Restriction
- Airport transfers
- Bicycle parking
- Breakfast Included
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Wifi
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Mini Supermarket
- No Curfew
- Outdoor Terrace
- Shuttle Bus
- Taxes included
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
We are an International youth hostel so we only accept guests aged between 18 â�� 35 holding a valid international passport.
The Hostel reception hours are between 8AM and 8PM weekdays and 9 am â�� 7 pm on weekends. If you are arriving outside of these hours please call us directly.
when you arrive and our night manager will check you in to your room. A minimum stay is required for Christmas and New Year bookings.
Please note that for all Christmas and New Year bookings you must pay in full by 1 December, or the date of the booking if made after 1 December. As this is our busiest period, please kindly note that there are no refunds, transfers or changes to your bookings after December 1st, so we would advise you to contact us first if you have any questions and be sure before you book.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Directions to the hostel:
From Sydney International Airport:
• Train – We recommend this option, Follow the signs through the departure plaza of the airport to the Train Station. Purchase a train ticket to Kings Cross Train Station (cost is around $15). Take the Airport and East Hills Train Line on Platform 2 and after 2 minutes, exit the train at Wolli Creek. Make your way to the Eastern Suburbs and Illawarra train line (Platform 3) and after 20 minutes you will arrive at Kings Cross Station. From here, take the Darlinghurst Road exit, turn right and walk towards the giant Coca-Cola sign. Turn right onto William Street, cross the road and we are located on your left hand side after 200 m.
• Shuttle Bus – There are various shuttle bus companies that service the Kings Cross area including Sydney Shuttles and AirBus. These typically cost between $14 - $20; however they usually don't run after 7 pm.
• Taxi – We do not recommend this option due to the cost (~$50). If you are desperate, tell the taxi driver to take you to 141 William Street, Darlinghurst. All Taxis are fitted with GPS devices so they will know how find it. Be aware that sometimes taxi drivers will ask you which way to take to determine whether you are familiar with the city or not. If you say you don’t know, they may take you for a long journey to increase the price. Tell the driver to take “Southern Cross Drive” and you won’t have a problem.
From Central Station:
• Train – Take the Eastern Suburbs and Illawarra train line from platform 24 and after 10 minutes you will arrive at Kings Cross Station. From here, take the Darlinghurst Road exit, turn right and walk towards the giant Coca-Cola sign. Turn right onto William Street and the hostel is located on the left after 200 m.
• Walk – This is a 3 km walk and should take about 30 minutes. Follow the signs to the Chalmers Street exit. Turn left and walk up Chalmers St, heading south-east. After 400 m, continue onto Elizabeth Street. Slight right on Wentworth Street. After 500 m, turn right onto Oxford Street, and then stay left onto Liverpool Street. After 500 m turn left onto Crown Street. After 500 m turn right onto William Street and the hostel is located on your right hand side.
We are located just a 5 minute walk from Kings Cross Train Station. We are also a short stroll from the city centre with easy access to everything Sydney has to offer!
Kings Cross is the backpacking capital of Australia and you will be sure to meet like minded travelers and locals at the many various bars and clubs in the area.
We are located within walking distance from the Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Royal Botanic gardens. Bondi Beach is also a short bus ride away.