VLA Surry Hills
From budget dormitory beds to private ensuite rooms with tv, fridge and air-conditioning, we've got what you want at the best prices, guaranteed!
At Alfred Park Accommodation all our staff are from Sydney and know the city inside out. We are dedicated to ensuring our guests get the most they can out of this great city, and we know that having a clean and welcoming place to sleep at night can make all the difference to enjoying your holiday.
The building itself is a beautifully restored heritage building built in 1848 for a whaling boat captain and his 9 children! But don't be fooled by the fascade! The new block at the rear is more like motel style accommodation. So whether you're looking for dormitory beds at a budget or private rooms with ensuite, we've got what you want.
We offer all our guests:
-Great location (located by Central Station, on the edge of the CBD with all major tourist areas within walking distance)
-Clean and spacious rooms
-Television, fridge and air-conditioning in every room (not many hostels in Sydney have this!)
-Free airport pick up (minimum 3 nights stay)
-Free internet token on arrival (wifi available throughout the building and computers in the lobby)
-Guest kitchen, courtyard dining area and barbeque facilities
-Laundry (free washing powder)
-Free linen and towels
-Rooms cleaned daily or as requested
-24 hour security cameras
-Information and booking service for tours
... and lots lots more!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Bookings are transferable with sufficient notice (10 days or more).
All guests must observe the rules and regulations of our Hotel.
The Hotel Office is open for check-in from 7:30 am - 10 pm. After hours check in can be arranged (just call or email us).
Checkout time is 10am on the day of departure (late check-out can also be arranged).
Children under the age of 16 are not allowed in share dorm rooms. All children under the age of 18 require adult or guardian supervision.
General Cancellations: Must be made with more than 48 hours notice or fee of one night's accommodation will be charged. Please ensure you receive confirmation of cancellation from us via email or fax.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour security
- Air Conditioning
- Airport transfers
- Bicycle parking
- Book exchange
- Breakfast Included
- Child Friendly
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Fax Service
- Free City Maps
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Jobs Board
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Postal Service
- Safety Deposit Box
- Taxes included
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Towels Included
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. All guests must observe the rules and regulations of our Hotel.
2. The Hotel Office is open for check-in from 7:30 am - 10 pm. After hours check in can be arranged (just call or email us). Checkout time is 10am on the day of departure (late check-out can also be arranged).
3. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy - all cancellations must be made via email.
4. Free airport pick up: must stay minimum 3 nights. Bookings in our 12-bed dorm must be 4 nights or longer in order to be eligible for the airport pick-up.
5. Group booking policy: While we make the greatest effort to place all guests of a single booking into the same room, this is not always possible. Group bookings (2 people or more) that are not made directly with the hostel, are not guarantee to be allocated to the same room. To avoid having a group split up, please book well in advance.
6. All children must be accompanied by adults.
7. Christmas and New Year Period: 24 Dec-2 Jan. All reservations made for these dates will be charged in full on December 1st 2015. This payment is non refundable if cancelled after this date. Failure to pay for your booking on December 1st may result in your booking being cancelled. Please book carefully
8. Minimum 3 night stay policy between September 2015 – April 2016 .
9. Please note that there is a 1% charge when you pay with a Visa or Mastercard credit card. We do not accept payments with American Express credit cards
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From Central Station:
Take the Devonshire Street exit from the station, go up the stairs and turn right into Chalmers St. Walk south down Chalmers St (park on the right). Take the first right into Cleveland St, we are 100m down Cleveland St on the left. (5 minutes)
From the airport:
-FREE PICK UP for guests staying 3 nights or more. (See details below)
-Taxi: $20-25 from Domestic Airport, $25-30 from International Airport (tell the driver to take the O'Riordan St route as this is the quickest)
FREE AIRPORT PICK UP:
Just phone call 1800 218 556 from for free from a pay phone when you arrive at the airport. If our own bus is not available for your free pick up, we may direct you to another bus service. They will bring you to our front door for a fee which will be fully refunded.
Conditions apply (must stay 3 nights or more otherwise a small fee applies). Not applicable to group bookings of 5 or more guests (please contact us regarding group booking transfers).
We are located near Central Station, opposite Prince Alfred Park which has its own pool and tennis courts.
Darling Harbour, Aussi Stadium, Fox Studios and the Entertainment Quarter, Chinatown, Prince Alfred Pool, Victoria Park Pool, Surry Hills, Newtown and much much more.
A free bus from Central Station every 10 minutes will take you around the city centre stopping at Town Hall, Martin Place, Hyde Park, Circular Quay and other places along the way.