Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel
Eight Elephants is a cozy, homestay-style hostel in Central Taipei, near Shida Night Market and University.
We are centrally located in a hip student district with many bars, night clubs, shops and parks. A 3-minute walk away is Guting metro station and can take you anywhere in Taipei.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast not included
- Cable TV
- Ceiling fan
- Common Room
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Meeting Room
- Outdoor Terrace
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
1) We cannot take credit cards, in Cash and in Taiwanese Dollars only.
2) We do not have a lot of staff working in a day, but all the rooms should be ready before 17:00. You are welcome to hang out in our common area or come back later if your room is not ready. Thank you for understanding! =)
3) We are located on a very small side street, but in a really cool university area. Please print out our directions and map (in picture 5 / direction page) Feel free to call us from 9am to 10pm, if you need some help with the directions.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
We are only 3 mins away from Guting MRT Station (Metro)
But we are in a very small alley, it might be difficult to find the first time.
Make sure you have our directions with you when you arrive Taipei!
Call us anytime if you can't find the hostel, we would love to help you:)
You will probably be arriving at Taoyuan International Airport 桃園機場.
You can take a taxi directly to the hostel, but it is cheaper to take the bus and the Metro (MRT).
Read below for detailed directions.
English Address: Taipei City, Jin-Jiang Street, Lane 48, Alley 4, No. 6, 1F
Chinese Address: 台北市晉江街48巷4弄6號1F
::::::::: By Taxi :::::::::
Most of the Taxi drivers in Taiwan do not speak English.
Be sure to print out our directions and show the Taxi driver our Chinese address.
If needed, he can also give us a call.
We will help him with finding us!
This trip will cost you around 1300NTD.
::::::::: Bus to Taipei Main Station :::::::::
We suggest that you take the Guo-guang Bus 國光客運 to Taipei Main Station.
It will take you around 45 Minutes. The ticket is 125NTD.
Then take the Taipei Metro to Guting Station 古亭站 or a Taxi to the hostel.
BUS HOURS:05 :40 AM - 1:30 AM (EVERY 15 MINS)
::::::::: Taipei Main Station to Guting Station :::::::::
After you reach Taipei Main Station, go to the Taipei Metro Station, which is inside of Taipei Main Station.
Take a train heading to Xindian 新店 or Nanshijiao 南勢角.
3 stops to reach Guting Station 古亭站. It will cost you 20NTD.
MRT HOURS:06 :00 AM - 00:30 AM (EVERY 3 MINS)
If the MRT is already closed when you arrive, you can take a Taxi directly to the hostel.
It will cost you around 150NTD.
::::::::: Walk from Guting MRT Station to EE&DD :::::::::
1) Make a U-turn when coming out of Exit 2.
2) Make an immediate LEFT onto TongAn St. 同安街.
3) Continue down TongAn St. Turn onto JinJiang St. 晉江街, the second street on the LEFT.
4) Continue down JinJiang St. Turn onto Lane 46 of JinJiang St., the first Lane on the RIGHT.
5) Continue down Lane 46. Turn onto the second Alley on the LEFT.
6) Look straight, you will see a street lamp. We are in front of the street lamp. On our door you will see 8 little elephants.
7) RRRRRING Our Door Bell.
MRT station : Guting