Guest House TaiwanMex
Hostel of Taiwanmex is a friendly, affordable backpacker hostel in central Taipei. We have clean and comfortable accommodation comprising a range of private rooms and dormitories. Room features include air conditioning and wireless internet access, and bed linen is provided. The 4-bed private room is a small, independent apartment with its own bathroom, kitchen, air conditioning, PC and television.
We are located just 1 minute from ZhongShan MRT Station and ten minutes from the main Taipei railway and bus stations. We are also well connected by local buses, meaning that a number of popular attractions are within easy reach, including the Night Market, the Taipei World Trade Center, PeiTou Hot Springs, DanShui and even the beach. The area surrounding the area has plenty of shops, banks and eateries.
We offer free luggage storage, laundry facilities and drinking water, and complimentary coffee is provided in the mornings. Staff are multilingual and can meet you at Taipei Main Station or ZhongShan MRT Station to help you find the hostel more easily.
Our property is divided between two floors. The upper floor has a cat, so please let us know in advance if you suffer from allergies and would rather stay on the lower floor (note: lower floor rooms do not have windows).
A backpackers dream--With clean and comfortable facilities, low prices and located in a convenient area with an excellent nightlife, Taiwanmex is excellently appropriated to assist the backpacker on a budget. Our friendly atmosphere and abundantly helpful staff will be there for your assistance whe
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
B&B Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast not included
- Cable TV
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- No Curfew
- Safety Deposit Box
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Directions (how to arrive at the establishment) : ----Directions from Airport to TaiwanMex ----
1. When you leave the secured airport area (after passport check, baggage claim, and goods declarations), follow the signs for the express bus or express bus waiting room (NOT tour bus).
2. Choose 'KwoKuang Motor Transport Company Ltd.' Buy a ticket to the Taipei Main Station. The cost is about 125 Taiwan Dollars (TWD). Walk outside the waiting room in order to board bus 1819.
3. Stay on the bus till the end of the line, or when it stops at the Taipei Main Station. Everyone should get off the bus at this point. Enter into the Taipei Main Station.
4. Follow the signs for the subway (known as the MRT).
5. Your destination is the ZhongShan (中山) Station on the RED line. You will need to buy a 20TWD subway ticket from the ticket machine. The ZhongShan Station is only one station north of the Taipei Main Station.
5. After getting off the subway at the ZhongShan (中山) Station, follow the signs to exit 1.
6. When you leave the subway station at exit 1 and are outside, you are very close. On your left side will be Taipei Milk King. In front of you will be Starbucks Coffee. Turn around 180 degrees and walk opposite the direction of Starbucks down a narrow paved road called Lane Nanjing W. Rd (the road between Taipei Milk King and the subway exit).
7. In just a couple minutes (about 200 steps) you will see Taiwan Mex on the right. If you go all the way to the next intersection where the Family Mart is, you have gone too far.
8. Ring the bell at gate. We will ring you in. Go to the fourth door on your left and walk up to the second floor.
9. If for some reason you cant find it, call us at any point and we will pick you up. Looking forward to seeing you!
The underground train is could be called Metro,Subway,
Train, in your language, in Taipei they call it the MRT.
METRO OR SUBWAY
The metro, MRT or Subway does NOT go to the Airport.
You must take a bus to city. Taxi would cost 40-45 U.S. Dollars.and do not pay anything more to taxi driver.
ATM or bank machine in inside the Airport Terminal.
One dollar equals 30 Taiwan dollars more or less.
TOURISM SERVICE COUNTER
There is a tourist service center where they can give you
free maps and help you to understand Taipei. They speak English.This is a great place to have the address written into the Chinese language.
The taxis are metered and start at 70 Taiwan dollars.
A minute to MRT Zhongshan Station (100 M)
A minute to 100 lines Bus Stop
A minute to the Fine Department Stores
A minute to Department Store Mitsukoshi or Q square.
A minute to ATM
A minutes to 7-11
5 minutes to Major Taiwan Banks
5 minutes to Post Office
5 minutes to the Long Distance Bus Station
5-10 minutes to Taipei Main station
By MRT (Subway):
9 minutes to Presidential Office Building
10 minutes to C.K.S. Memorial Hall
15 minutes to Taipei World Trade Center
15minutes to 101 Building
20 minutes to Peitou Hot Spring
20 minutes to Beach
20 minutes to Domestic Airport
30 minutes to Yangming Mountain
40 minutes to C.K.S. International Airport
FREE Pick up service from Station by walk.
FREE Luggage Storage in Safe Lockable Rooms.
FREE Laundry Machine.
FREE Internet Access with Computer.
FREE Drinking Water.
FREE Maps & Tourist Information.
FREE Flip Flops (slippers).
FREE Sheets, Pillowcases, Quilt/Comforter.
FREE cool owners with incomparable modesty !
We look forward to having you stay with us. YO, we are the coolest hostel in all of Taiwan !
Breakfast Not Included