"Meander Taipei is not only a living quarter but also our attitude in travelling and in life."
So much of Taiwanese culture is about sharing and building bonds with those whom we cross paths with. We welcome those who seek friendships and are eager to meander Taipei together. Meander’s corridors and common area incorporate visual elements from the old aborigines and current Taiwanese lifestyle, in order to share with you our favorite aspects of Taiwan.
Meander Taipei is newly renovated from a multi-story old building with no elevator in the heart of the bustling Ximending. We are conveniently located 10 minutes away from the Metro station. It is a central hub of Taiwanese fashion and culture, with over 6000 shops, cafes, tattoo parlor, karaoke and massage centers. During the day, stroll around the city to see small concerts, album launches, and street performances. At night, venture to the Theater street with over 20 theaters or experience night life at many local clubs and pubs.
Your safety and comfort are our top priorities. Meander offers a variety of clean and furnished rooms including ensuites, mixed and female dorms complete with 24-hour security, single key card to access both locker and room, free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, adapter and reading lights. Complimentary linens, shampoo and shower gel are also included to help lighten your baggage. In addition, our large roof top terrace and common area encourage guests to mingle, relax and exchange travelling experiences. We look forward to showing you the best of Taipei.
Meander Taipei was newly renovated from an antique hotel situated right in the heart of the bustling Ximending district.
1. Check-in and out:
- Payment upon check in is Cash Only in Taiwanese Dollars. No foreign currency and credit card will be accepted
- Check-In time is 15:00 and check out time is 10:00.
- Guests are welcomed to leave luggage at front desk if they arrive in advance. Please email/call us in advance if you are arriving after 22:00, otherwise we will treat your booking as no show.
- No elevator available; if you will be traveling with large luggage, please let us know in advance so we can try to arrange a lower level room.
- For environmental concerns we don’t provide the following amenities ( toothbrush & toothpaste, razor, comb, shower cap and slippers. Towels available for rental.)
2. Cancellation Deadline:
- Free cancellation if made three days in advance of booking
- Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
3. House rules:
- Smoking is not allowed onsite, and no food and drinks in the room.
- Considering other guests, lights out at 11pm in the rooms.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Security
- Air Conditioning
- Airport Transfers
- Bicycle hire
- Board Games
- Free Breakfast
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Free City Maps
- Free City Tour
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Key Card Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
1. No elevator available at Meander Hostel. The lighter packing, the better.
2. Reception hours: 7am - 11pm. Late check-in after 11pm, please inform us in advance.
3. Latest check-out time is 11am, extra charge from 11:30am.
4. Failure to amend or cancel the booking 3 days before your check-in date will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
5. Check-in payment by cash is only accepted in Taiwan Dollars. Check-in payment by credit card will be charged 2% of handling fee.
6. Bringing your own towel and toothbrush set is suggested. Meanwhile, your spirit of self-service is appreciated.
7.Once checked in, you can no longer cancel or make changes to your booking. You are responsible for 100% of the room charge even if you decide to check out early.
This property has a 3 day cancellation policy. Failure to amend or cancel the booking 3 days before your check-in date(excluding your arrival day) will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Any booking amendment within 3 days before arrival time will be considered as late booking amendment, you will be charged the first of cancelled nights as penalty (without any deposit refund), also the nights you stayed will be charged as per booking confirmation.
When booking multiple beds in dormitory, please kindly understand that we cannot guarantee you will be accommodated in the same room.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
＊From Taoyuan Airport＊
Bus No.1819 (destination for Taipei Main Station)
→Transfer to MRT blue line (destination for Ximen )
→From exit 6 walk along Chengdu Rd. for 10 mins
＊From Songshan Airport＊
MRT brown line (destination for Zongxiao Fuxing)
→Transfer to blue line (destination for Ximen )
→From exit 6 walk along Chengdu Rd. for 10 mins
ps. MRT system will be closed after midnight 12am.
＊By taxi＊ 台北市萬華區成都路163 號 台北漫步旅店
(around NT1000 from Taoyuan Airport; NT 300 from Songshan Airport)
We are situated in the heart of the bustling Ximending. It was designated as the entertainment center under Japanese colonization. Today, it continues to remain a central hub of Taiwanese fashion and culture, with over 6000 vendors. During the day, stroll around town to see small concerts, album launches and street performances. At night, venture to the Theater street or experience night life at many local clubs and pubs.