Retrometro backpackers was opened in Mar 2012. We are new, tidy, friendly and relaxed hostel.
We have well designed living space open for locals too.
We recommend our hostel to someone who looks for something special in your stay in Tokyo.
As we are a small hostel, you may feel inconvenient sometime(such as no credit cards, door closed at 13h-15h, no luggage locker in the room etc), but if you prefer a small and quiet hostel with relaxed atmosphere, we offer it for you :)
Relaxing atmosphere (is the reason many people choose our place!)
Well designed laid-back living space
Old Japanese house renovated in a uniquely designed rooms
No curfew (*code number for entrance door given upon check-in)
Yum Japanese breakfast (*extra cost needed in add to room rate)
Friendly and staff who are willing to be your help as much as possible!
Custom-made wooden bunk bed with private power point & reading light
Located in Asakusa, the most popular and famous sightseeing place in Tokyo.
Famous Senso-ji temple and Kaminari-mon gate is about 10mins walk from our place.
1hour from Narita airport by train (1-2 transit)
50mins from haneda airport by train (1 transit)
2mins on foot to convenience store
4mins on foot to supermarket open for 24hours
Many restaurants around us. Ask us as there are heaps of them!
30seconds to Kappabashi market street
Straight train to Shibuya, Ginza, Ueno, Omote-sandou, Aoyama etc
* Entrance door closed between 13:00-15:00. PLEASE AVOID TO ARRIVE BETWEEN 13:00-15:00 AS YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUTSIDE.
* Check-in at 15:00-22:00.
* If you arrive between 9:00-13:00 you can drop your luggage before check-in.
* Payment by cash only. (NO CREDIT CARD ACCEPTED)
=====Other basic facility=====
* Reception hour 9:00-13:00, 15:00-22:00
* 1 basic shower room and another shower room with bath tub
* Free shampoo, body soap, face wash, cleansing oil, face lotion, hair dryer, tea/coffee, communal PC, wi-fi, fully equipped kitchen with basic seasonings, communal fridge
* Coin-operated washing machine and drying machine
* Overnight luggage storage for who go out for excursion available with extra cost
We are a new hostel opened in Mar 2012.
With it's chilled-out atomosphere, you will feel relaxed like in cafe.
As our living is open for locals you can also enjoy chatting with them.
Cute building and furniture like cafe
Well designed fashionable bar & living space
Excellent location for sightseeing & access to city center
Clean and tidy
Laundry & drying machine
Full equipped kitchen
2mins on foot to convenience store
5mins on foot to supermarket
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
- Air Conditioning
- Common Room
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- Reading Light
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels For Hire
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Cancellation Policy * Our cancellation policy have priority over hostel world cancellation policy * 50 % of the first night's room charge if you cancel your reservation 1 day prior to the date of your reservation. * 100 % of the first night's room charge if you cancel your reservation on the appointed day. * 10% deposit you've paid is not included in your cancellation fee. You have to pay 100% fee without 10% deposit.
* Entrance door closed between 13:00-15:00. Please donot arrive at 13:00-15:00 as you will be locked outside
Our check-in is at 15:00-22:00.
If you want to leave luggage you can arrive between 9:00-13:00 but we can't offer the room at 13:00-15:00.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Tawaramachi-station (Tokyo Metro Ginza-line) : 7mins on foot * recommended
Asakusa station (Tokyo Metro Ginza-line) : 10mins on foot
Asakusa station (Tobu Isesaki-line) : 12mins on foot
Asakusa station (Toei Asakusa-line) : 13mins on foot
Asakusa station (Tsukube Express) : 3mins on foot
Recommended way to get to Retrometro Backpackers
1) Get off at Tawaramachi station on Tokyo metro Ginza-line
2) Get out from exit 3
3) Go straight for 4minutes and turn left at a corner of Kebab shop(traffic light 'Kokusaidori-Asakusa 1')
5) Go straight for 3mins passing by 5 junctions. Then you will find us on your right, just before you meet a big street.
** We are now fixing the sign, so it might be difficult to find our hostel. Please check how it looks like at our official webpage, or call us when you get lost. (ovrseas +81-6322-7447 / domestic 03-6322-7447)
** Please note that ENTRANCE DOOR IS CLOSED AT 13:00-15:00 so please avoid to arrive between these times, unless you will be locked out. Check-in at 15:00-22:00, and if you arrive at 9:00-13:00 you can leave your luggages before check-in.
Tawaramachi-station (Tokyo Metro Ginza-line) : 7mins on foot (*Recommended) Asakusa station (Tsukube Express) : 3mins on foot Asakusa station (Tokyo Metro Ginza-line) : 10mins on foot Asakusa station (Tobu Isesaki-line) : 12mins on foot Asakusa station (Toei Asakusa-line) : 13mins on foot