Sakura Hostel Asakusa
Built by backpackers for backpackers, Sakura Hostel Asakusa has looked after thousands of independent travellers from all over the world. We are located just minutes away from Asakusa's main temples, shrines, traditional shopping arcades and the iconic pagoda. Asakusa Station provides easy access to all areas of Tokyo, including Akihabara, Ueno National Museum and Tokyo Zoo.
Sakura Hostel Asakusa is a purpose-built 6-storey hostel with dorms and twin rooms, a common kitchen, a comfortable lounge and an internet café, ideally designed for socialising and meeting with other travellers. Each bed comes with a personal locker, light and electric plug.
We offer free WiFi and we have DVDs and PS2 games available for use.
Other facilities include:
- Free luggage storage
- 24 hour reception with multilingual staff
- No curfew
- Buffet breakfast (small charge)
Check-in: 13:00 (we ask that guests arriving later than 21:00 call or email us in advance)
Credit cards accepted
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Air Conditioning
- Bicycle parking
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Card Phones
- Ceiling Fan
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- House Keeping
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Taxes included
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
- Washing Machine
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
If you arrive later than 21:00, please call/email us in advance.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
From Narita International Airport
* By Keisei Narita Sky Access Line (Approx. 62 mins, 1,240 yen)
It runs every 40 minutes and takes you to Asakusa directly.
There are two routes ('Narita Sky Access Line' or 'Keisei Main Line') on Keisei Line.
When you purchase a ticket, please select the route via 'Narita Sky Access'.
A through ticket to Asakusa is available at Narita Airport Station.
Please dont take Keisei Skyliner or JR Narita Express.
* If you catch the access express for Keisei Ueno in the evening, please change at Aoto Station for Asakusa. Take a train which comes to the other side of the same platform. Get off at Asakusa station.
From Haneda International Airport to Asakusa
The train from Haneda International Airport to Asakusa is Keikyu Line. (Keikyu Line will connect to Toei Asakusa Line). There are many direct trains from Haneda Airport to Asakusa (approximately 6 direct trains per hour)
*From Haneda Airport, please catch an airport express(エアポート急行) or an airport limited express(エアポート快特).
*Please take trains that bound for Imba-Nihonidai(印旛日本医大), Inzai-Makinohara(印西牧の原), Narita Airport(成田空港), Keisei Narita(京成成田), Keisei-Takasago(京成高砂), and Aoto(青砥).
* the trains bound for other stations do not go to Asakusa.
- It takes approximately 47 minutes
- A ticket to Asakusa is available at Haneda Airport and the fare is 640Yen.
* To purchase a ticket at a ticket machine, please press Toei Line first, then press 640 Yen.
* From Asakusa Station to Sakura Hostel Asakusa
1. Take the exit A4 at Asakusa station and turn right and turn left on the first street(Kaminarimon-dori street).
2. Keep walking (approx 10 min) on Kaminarimon-dori street unitl you get to Kokusai-dori street.
3. Turn right on Kokusai-dori street and walk strgiht.
4. Passing the Keihan Hotel on your right, you will see a street on your right. Turn right onto that street.
5. Walk down towards a Hanayashiki gift shop. You will pass a Sunshine Pachinko building (pinball parlor) on your left.
6. When you see the Hanayashiki gift shop, turn left onto a narrow street.
Keep walking down the narrow street until you see Sakura Hostel Asakusa on your left its the large pink building!
* For JR pass holers
Take Narita Express from the Airport.
Get off at JR Tokyo station.
By Train - ( 20min , 130yen forJR and 200yen for Tsukuba Express line)
Take JR Yamanote line(inbound/uchimawari/platform #4)
Get off at Akihabara station.(2 stations away)
Transfer to Tsukuba Express line, Akihabara station(5min walk from JR Akihabara station).
Get off at Asakusa station. (2 stations away)
*From Asakusa Station (Tsukuba Express Line) to Sakura Hostel Asakusa
1. Walk to the A1 exit (elevator is available), turn right at the A1 exit on ground level.
2. Walk a few minutes, there is a traffic light, you can see Asakusa View hotel and life supermarket on your left side and small car parking on your side, turn right on the traffic light into the narrow street.
3. When you reach the end of the street, turn left. Our hostel is the large pink building.
- Sensoji Temple (Asakusa's main temple) & all of Asakusa's historic attractions
- Akihabara Electronic/Animation Town
- Ueno National Museum/Zoo
- River Cruise to the bay area
- New Tokyo Tower 'Sky Tree' (World's tallest tower.)