Welcome to the family-owned Golden Gobi guesthouse. When you’re here, you’ll feel like home. That’s because Ogie (who was a guide for 9 years) and her family are originally from the Gobi Desert, and maintain the tradition of the region’s famous nomadic friendliness. The guesthouse is suitable for all travelers, including families with children, groups, and individual backpackers. We offer particularly great deals for groups.
The location is unbeatably central, with convenient access to all the main attractions and services in UB within 2-5 minutes walking distance: museums, the post office, central square (Sükhbaatar Square), supermarkets, ATMs, bus stations, monasteries and Peace Avenue (Main Street).
Attractions & Helps
* Ulaanbaatar Central Railway Station
* Central square (Sükhbaatar Square)
* Narantuul Market (40minutes walking)
* ATM (2minutes walking)
* Zaisan Memorial
* Gandantegchinlen Monastery (Gandan)
* Chinggis Khaan International Airport
FREE Service We Offered:
* Free transportation from the train station
* Free breakfast, all day coffee and tea
* Free Wireless Internet
* Free lockers
* Free fully equipped kitchen
* Free City Map
* Free linens & hair dryer in reception
* Free 24 hours hot shower
* Free spacious common rooms available to our guests
* Free Information about all aspects of Mongolia travel and adventures from our knowledgeable and experienced staff
Facilities & Services (Extra Cost)
* Pick up from the airport
* Laundry Service
* Train & Flight Tickets booking
* Visa application information
* Camping equipment rental (sleeping bags, sleeping mats, etc)
Budget Tours We Organize
* Terelj National Park
* Khustain Nuruu National Park
* Horseback Riding in Mongolia
* Camel Riding in Mongolia
* Mongolia Homestay Trips (Nomadic Cultural Homestay)
* Northern part - Khuvsgul Lake - Tsaatan Community
* Gobi desert
* Far West - Bayan Ulgii - Eagle Festival
Our staff carries various tourism certifications and has exceptional experience arranging and guiding trips around Mongolia. We are the BEST in Mongolia when it comes to arranging vegetarian meals and tours tailored to fit the interests and time constraints of our guests. We support nomadic families, and have cordial, personal relationship with nomads across country.
Our goal is to provide comfortable accommodation and unforgettable, yet safe, journeys, with a reliable and honest team—so that you can focus on exploring the local culture and nomadic lifestyle, and our beautiful home country.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Air Conditioning
- Airport Transfers
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Cable TV
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Currency Exchange
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Safe Deposit Box
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
We do not accept group bookings online and if your group consist more than 6 people please send us an email to make a reservation.
1. Check-in starts at 12:30pm, check-out is before 11:30am.
2. Late check-out (until 6pm) is available for dorm rooms US$4.00.
3. Check-out after 6pm will result in a full room charge of US$8.00
4. Lost key will result in a US$10.00 charge
5. You are required to leave either your passport or a deposit at reception upon check-in
6. 48 hour notice for cancellations.
7. We accept Mongolian tugrug, USD and major credit cards. All deposits are non-refundable.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
PLEASE PRINT OUT OUR MAP OF DIRECTIONS TO THE HOSTEL (picture8). Our address is also in Mongolian on the map.
We provide FREE transportation from the train station, andoffer breakfast, all day coffee and tea, Wi-Fi, lockers, a fully equippedkitchen, linens, Internet, city maps, etc.—all FREE. We have spacious commonrooms, mixed dorms, twin, double, single, and family rooms available to ourguests.
How to go to our Hostel:
From train station – Trolley bus #T:4 get off after 3 stopsin front of the State Department store. Taxi; 5000MNT
From the airport – Buses #Ч:7, Ч:9 to the city center
From Dragon bus station in the west of city – Bus stationacross from the terminal take bus #Ч:1, Tram T:2 the city center
From Bayanzurkh bus station in the east of city – Take bus#Ч:30, Tram T:2 the city center
*As an another option, in case of heavy luggage and largesuitcase, you can catch a cab, mostly per km charge around 1000-1500 MNT.
Beware: There have been numerous reports which record taxidrivers and shuttle bus operator from airport, train and busstation taking customers to another hostel that pays them commission,trying to make you booking tours and rip you off. They can give you lots ofwrong information such as your hostel was full, had moved location, or has beenknocked down by an act of God. The best way to guarantee a hassle-free transferis to book through us for $14/35.000MNT/ total if you coming from theairport and if you arriving by bus or train let take the taxi which have name“City taxi’’ show driver our address and ask for driver take you to our hostel.
Best Regards and looking forward to meeting you at Golden Gobiguesthouse!!!