Welcome to the family-owned Golden Gobi guesthouse. When you’re here, you’ll feel like home. That’s because Ogie (who was a guide for 9 years) and her family are originally from the Gobi Desert, and maintain the tradition of the region’s famous nomadic friendliness. The guesthouse is suitable for all travelers, including families with children, groups, and individual backpackers. We offer particularly great deals for groups.
The location is unbeatably central, with convenient access to all the main attractions and services in UB within 2-5 minutes walking distance: museums, the post office, central square (Sükhbaatar Square), supermarkets, ATMs, bus stations, monasteries and Peace Avenue (Main Street).
We provide FREE transportation from the train station, and offer breakfast, all day coffee and tea, Wi-Fi, lockers, a fully equipped kitchen, linens, Internet, city maps, etc.—all FREE. We have spacious common rooms, mixed dorms, twin, double, single, and family rooms available to our guests.
Our staff carries various tourism certifications and has exceptional experience arranging and guiding trips around Mongolia. We are the BEST in Mongolia when it comes to arranging vegetarian meals and tours tailored to fit the interests and time constraints of our guests. We support nomadic families, and have cordial, personal relationship with nomads across country. Our goal is to provide comfortable accommodation and unforgettable, yet safe, journeys, with a reliable and honest team—so that you can focus on exploring the local culture and nomadic lifestyle, and our beautiful home country.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Air Conditioning
- Airport Transfers
- Book Exchange
- Free Breakfast
- Cable TV
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Currency Exchange
- Telephone/Fax Facilities
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Linen Included
- Security Lockers
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Safe Deposit Box
- Steam Room
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
We do not accept group bookings online and if your group consist more than 6 people please send us an email to make a reservation.
1. Check-in starts at 12:30pm, check-out is before 11:30am.
2. Late check-out (until 6pm) is available for dorm rooms US$4.00.
3. Check-out after 6pm will result in a full room charge of US$8.00
4. Lost key will result in a US$10.00 charge
5. You are required to leave either your passport or a deposit at reception upon check-in
6. 48 hour notice for cancellations.
7. We accept Mongolian tugrug, USD and major credit cards. All deposits are non-refundable.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
- Peace avenue, Building-13, east side of State department store , Arriving by train: catch electric Tram (400 mongolian Tugrug) # 4 and get off on 4th stop Peace Avenue, or 25 min walking distance and by taxi (5000 Tugrug)- Arriving by plane: catch bus # 11 (500 Tugrug), by taxi ( 20000 Tugrug).But we do have a safety pick up service from airport and it cost $23 (30000 Tugrug) each way.
State Department Store
Restaurants and shopping
National History and Natural History Museums