Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna
Hostel Ruthensteiner is a friendly, international hostel just 4 minutes walk away from the Westbahnhof Train Station and within walking distance of the city centre and Schoenbrunn Palace. We are a family-run property and offer private and dormitory accommodation plus facilities including a kitchen, a BBQ, a garden, wireless internet access, laundry services and a bar. Lockers are available and linen can be rented by those staying in dormitories.
We are a no-smoking hostel.
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour security
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Board Games
- Book exchange
- Ceiling fan
- Child Friendly
- Common Room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Terrace
- Postal Service
- Reading Light
- Safety Deposit Box
- Taxes included
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels For Hire
- Vending Machines
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
***Cash payment preferred upon check-in. Credit card is slightly (3%) more.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
How to get here from WESTBAHNHOF (train station):
From the TRAIN PLATFORM: Go down the escalator and follow the signs to Mariahilferstrasse. Exit station and walk straight ahead – the first street you come to is Mariahilferstrasse…
From the METRO (U3/U6): Take the escalator, following signs to Mariahilferstrasse. Take the exit marked Aüßere Mariahilferstrasse (to your right) – Mariahilferstrasse is the street to your left…
From the AIRPORT BUS: Enter the train station and follow the signs towards Mariahilferstrasse. Exit station and walk straight ahead – the first street you come to is Mariahilferstrasse…
…then turn RIGHT onto Mariahilferstrasse and walk a few minutes. Take your second left onto Haidmannsgasse (there is a repa copyshop on the corner). Take the first RIGHT – you made it! We are at Robert-Hamerlinggasse 24.
How to get to WESTBAHNHOF from:
• Airport (45 min): Airport Bus Line 7 to Westbahnhof. There’s a bus leaving every 30 min (xx:05; xx:35).
• Hauptbahnhof (15 min): Take metro line U1 (direction Leopoldau) to Stephansplatz (big church symbol), then take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• City center / Stephansplatz (7 min): Take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• Meidling (5 min): Take metro line U6 (direction Floridsdorf) to Westbahnhof
• Olympiaplatz / Stadion (Studentagency bus stop) (25 min): Take metro line U2 (direction Karlsplatz) to Volkstheater, then take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• Franz-Josef-Kai Nr. 27 / Schwedenplatz (Orangeways bus stop) (10 min): Take metro line U1 (direction Reumannplatz) to Stephansplatz, then take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• Erdberg (Eurolines bus station) (25 min): Take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• Franz Josef’s Bahnhof (20 min): Take tram 5 or metro line U6 (direction Alterlaa or Siebenhirten) to Westbahnhof
• Ottakring Park&Ride (8 min): Take metro line U3 (direction Simmering) to Westbahnhof
All of central Vienna is a short term parking area, even where there is no sign! In order to park during business hours (Monday through Friday, 9am – 7pm), you will need a prepaid parking voucher (up to 2 hours only, available at reception). There is usually plenty of street parking available in front of our hostel. Unfortunately we cannot offer full day parking during the week. Parking is free on weekends, holidays, and in the evenings (7pm – 9am). Motorbikes park for free anytime.
If you arrive during the week, we suggest you use one of these parking lots. The cheapest all-day and overnight option is Park&Ride, all of which are located close to a metro station – Ottakring Park&Ride, for example, is just a 10 minute metro ride from Westbahnhof.
FREE 15 minute parking vouchers for unloading the car are available at the reception.
Westbahnhof International Train Station which is one of the main hubs for public transportation- Perfect location for reaching all of the main sites. Just one quiet street over from the main shopping street- the Mariahilferstrasse, which leads you along the thriving and friendly 7th district straight to the City Center.
One minute away, you will find several supermarkets, bakeries, a good burger place, kebab, pizza, noodles, a bank, ATM, restaurants, sporting goods store, a travel bar etc....