Trippers Carpe Diem
Recommendation by Lonely Planet China (edition May 2011): 'This brand-new hostel run by a Chinese-Belgian family is highly recommended by travelers. In addition to stunning views of the rice fields and karst peaks, excellent staff and spotless rooms, the hostel has an MSG-free cafe with European highlights... It's out of town (1,5km north of Xijie) but close enough to walk to. Walk (or cycle) along the river (upstream) for 15 minutes to ShiBanQiao village.'
We have now MORE ROOMS AVAILABLE than shown here in our new Village Retreat next-doors (100m) with King sized beds, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, rain showers, etc, at great start-up prices this summer! Only 3 types of rooms are available here for our new retreat: Standard Double King, Deluxe Double Bed with balcony and Deluxe family suites with balcony.
- We offer a quiet and relaxed environment within an easy en highly scenic walk from the town center (15-20 min) going along the banks of the Li-river straight into West Street with its lively cafes, shops and nightlife. (When you don't feel like walking or cycling, we can always arrange a motorbike (7Y) or a taxi (20Y) to get you to and back from town)
- Wide open terraces on 3 different levels and a lounge cafe which both offer great views over the valley below and the karst peaks beyond.
- A cozy lounge bar with comfy seating and wide open windows to enjoy the mountain views and farmlands below and with what might be a welcome change for the Chinese beers, a great selection of Belgian Beers with Duvel, Leffe, Hoegaarden, Stella and 3 of Belgium's most renowned Trappist Beers; Chimay, Orval and Rochefort 11,3%! Our selection of South-African wines, both red and white are favorites too.
- Excellent chef, both in western & Chinese food, praised in our reviews!
- DVD-room with flat-screen TV and integrated movies, books library, music, board games, cards, pool-table on our main terrace overlooking the karst mountain peaks ...
- Free internet and wifi-access in all areas, common and private.
-Yangshuo's best countryside rates with beds from 40Y!
- We have composed a comprehensive travel guide book for you with all tours, sights and activities in and around Yangshuo to help you make the best choice for your trips and the most out of your Yangshuo experience.
- We help organize a wide range of activities:
- Kayaking trips on secluded parts of the Li-river free of tour boats, rafts, just you and unspoiled everyday Chinese life, farmers, playing kids, buffaloes,...
- Various bamboo-rafting tours (on both Li-river and Yulong river)
- Dragon bone (Longji) rice terraces tour.
- Great off the beaten track guided cycling tours with Alice, praised in our reviews.
- Detailed and colorful biking/tour maps.
- In-house bicycle rental.
- Scooter hire (only 120Y a day!)
- Horse riding (where your horse will come to pick you up at the hostel and take you to and in the Li-river)
- Rock climbing with a very friendly, knowledgeable and responsible guide.
- Tai chi (private classes on our rooftop terrace!)
- Chinese massage (in the comfort of your room if you wish)
- Yangshuo local cooking classes in the most renowned cooking school of yangshuo, great value!
- Light show.
- Cormorant fishing show.
-No curfew here, if you want to go party in town, our guard will let you in at anytime.
To ease your way to our hostel we offer a pick-up service from anywhere in Yangshuo when you call us upon arrival, between 8.00am-23.00pm.
-Now we can also help you to arrange your visa for Vietnam. While staying in our hostel your visa will be sent to the embassy in Vietnam where you can pick it up either the next day or get it back in Yangshuo in 2 to 4 working days. We can also arrange a bus directly to Nanning where you can spend a night and will be picked up the next morning for the journey to Hanoi.
Here you will be in a wonderful part of rural China where everyday life plays in the valley below as it has been for centuries, yet just an easy stroll away from Yangshuo's lively center, that lays just around the corner...
Availability & RatesTo view availability and prices please select dates and click 'Update Dates'
Hostel Facilities & Policies
- 24 hour reception
- Air Conditioning
- Airport transfers
- Bicycle hire
- Bicycle parking
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Key Card Access
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Outdoor Terrace
- Pool Table
- Reading Light
- Tours/Travel Desk
Cancellation PolicyThis property has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
Must-Read Hostel InfoThis property has specific Terms & Conditions.
Our reception opening times are 08.00-22.00, however you can check-in with us at anytime, our bar girls or guard will always let you in and show you to your room if you booked that night. We also have a mobile number on which you can reach us at night. All our contact details, including address in Chinese, can not be displayed here but are available at the bottom of all web pages of our own website, easy to find through google. Call or email us for pick-ups from Yangshuo or Guilin if desired.
DirectionsShow MapHide Map
Trippers Carpe Diem is located in Shi Ban Qiao better known as 'Long Tou Shan ( Dragon Head Mountain ), a picturesque village in the countryside near the Li-river going upstream (NW) from the river end of 'West Street' ( Yangshuo's main shopping and bar street ) for about 7 min by bicycle or a 15-20 min walk.
Very detailed information about all ways and means on how to get here, using both public and private transportation from Guilin airport, train and bus station, Li-river boat cruise and from anywhere in yangshuo are available on our website and will be sent to you in our confirmation email.
See you soon!
Our Yangshuo hostel is located just a 15-20min beautiful walk along the Li-river to Yangshuos old town center with its lively cafes, shops and nightlife.
Beautiful cycling and hiking trails start right at our doorstep. And just around the corner the Li-river provides an excellent refreshing swimming area.
Of all Yangshuo hostels located in a quiet, relaxing and highly scenic environment we are closest to the center, within just a 5 min bike ride (5Y bike rental after 6pm!) or a 15-20min walk.