Pura Vida Hostel Rio de Janeiro
Built in the beginning of the last century by a Polish embassador, the house was uniquely constructed and still holds the special details and archietecture reminiscent of a European castle.
We have collective dorms that can hold 4, 6, and 12 people (bunk beds/coed) as well as a dorm room for girls (10 regular beds). Private rooms are available for groups between 4-6 people. Our chales are for a maximum of 2 people and include a queen-size bed and air-conditioning. Our deluxe suite can hold a maxium of 5 people and includes a queen-size bed, 3-tier bunk bed, mini-kitchen, and air-conditioning. All bathrooms for our dorm rooms are shared and the rooms include fans. All of our private chales as well as our deluxe suite include a private bathroom as well as air-conditioning.
Pura Vida Hostel is situated within walking distance between two of the most famous beaches in the world. Less than a 1 minute walk lands you in front of Lifeguard Tower 5 (Posto 5) of Copacabana Beach and within 10 minutes, you will find yourself in Ipanema Beach with a fantastic view of the famous mountains of Dois Irmãos and Gavea!
To get to Copacabana, you can get a registered cab at any of the kiosks of the Airport or Central Bus Station. The landmark or point of reference for the taxi driver is Posto 5 and Rua Sa Ferreira. The address of the hostel is Rua Saint Roman street, number 20. The street is located off Rua Sa Ferreira, in between the main streets of Copacabana beach, Avenida Nossa Senhora de Copacabana and Rua Raul Pompeia.
- Breakfast (included)
- Wi-Fi Internet (included)
- Bar (normally Thursdays-Saturdays except when Hostel Events are scheduled)
- Hostel Events (discounted entrance)
- Kitchen Facilities
- BBQ Area (depending on availabilty)
- 24/7 Entry/Exit of Pura Vida Hostel
- Security 24 Hours
- Transfers to Airport/Central Bus Station (additional cost)
- Tours of Rio de Janeiro (additional cost)
Times for Check-In and Check-Out
- Check-In is after 13:00 hs
- Check-Out is till 12:00 hs
SPECIAL PERIODS: You will be notified via email if your dates fall under a special period (New Years, Carnival, Olympics, Paralympics, holidays, etc.). Dates to note include New Years, December 30, 2015 - January 3, 2016, and Carnival, February 5, 2016 - February 13, 2015, amongst other dates. In order to guarantee your reservation during special periods, we require 50% of the total cost of your stay. Therefore in addition to the 12% deposit made on hostelworld.com, we will charge an additional 38% of the total cost of your stay to guarantee your reservation. The remaining 50% will be required upon check-in. For reservations made during New Years and Carnival, the following rule will be applied: reservations with a time frame less than the minimum nights required will be cancelled without notice.
CANCELLATION POLICY for SPECIAL PERIODS: There are no refunds for reservations made during special periods.
CHANGE IN DATES: A 48-hour notice is required for change in dates. If there is availability, changes will be made. During special periods, the guest(s) must pay the total amount due regardless of the type of date change. Please note that there could be changes in price and/or room type.
- The maximum stay at Pura Vida Hostel is 15 days.
- Minors under the age of 18 cannot stay at the hostel without the accompaniment of a parent or legal guardian. Minors under the age of 16 are only allowed in private rooms with the accompaniment of a parent or legal guardian.
- At the time of check-in, you must pay for your accommodation in full. In addition, we require a R$20 deposit. The deposit will be returned at the time of check-out once linens (dorm rooms) or room key and air-conditioning control (private rooms) have been returned to reception. You must check-out by 12pm. If you have not checked out by 12pm, then you will be charged R$20 for collective dorm rooms or R$100 for private rooms.
- In the case of extending your stay, we cannot guarantee your reservation if you have not pre-reserved and pre-paid for the reservation.
Disponibilità e tariffePer visualizzare la disponibilità e i prezzi, seleziona le date e fai clic su "Aggiorna date"
Ostello Servizi & Politiche
- Sicurezza 24 ore su 24
- Trasferimenti aeroporto
- Noleggio biciclette
- Parcheggio per biciclette
- Prima colazione inclusa
- TV via cavo
- Ventilatore da soffitto
- Si accettano bambini
- Sala comune
- Carte di credito accettate
- Mappe della città gratuite
- Accesso a Internet gratuito
- Wi-Fi gratuito
- Docce calde
- Accesso a Internet
- Biancheria inclusa
- Deposito bagagli
- Pasti disponibili
- Nessun coprifuoco
- Travel Desk per i tour
Politica di cancellazioneQuesta proprietà ha una politica di cancellazione di 1. La mancata cancellazione entro questo intervallo di tempo si tradurrà in una penale pari alla prima notte di pernottamento.
IndicazioniMostra mappaNascondi mappa
Directions to Hostel:
Personal Car/Taxi Transfer provided by Pura Vida Hostel:
If you want to get to the hostel as quickly and safely as possible, you can book a transfer with us! We will make sure you get picked up and brought straight to the hostel in a private car/taxi! Just email us at email@example.com for more details and pricing.
From the Airport or Bus Station:
You can take the bus called REal Auto Onibus Premium to Copacabana. It's a blue bus and it costs around BRL$13. Be sure to tell the bus driver that you need to get to Copacabana, specifically Rua Sa Ferreira/Posto 5 at Copacabana Beach on Avenida Atlantica (the main street in Copacabana that runs alongside the beach). When you get dropped off, you will be less than 2 blocks away from the hostel. You could also take any marked cab and provide the address/location of Pura Vida Hostel to the driver.
From the Subway:
Make sure you are heading in the direction of Zona Sul -- Normally you would get off at metro station General Osorio, but it is currently closed due to construction. Thankfully we are about 4-5 blocks away from the next metro station Cantagalo (which is currently the last metro stop for Zona Sul). When existing metro station Cantagalo, Walk towards the beach on Rua Xavier de Silveira. When you hit Avenida Nossa Senhora de Copacabana, take a right and follow the street until you get to Rua Sa Ferreira. Take a right on Rua Sa Ferreira and then take the next right on Rua Saint Roman. Walk up the hill (NOT ALL THE WAY UP) and the hostel is located on the right. There is a sign that says PURA VIDA. The house number is 20.