General Policies for Carnival 2015:
** Minimum Stay: 3 nights (from July the 9th onward)
** Payment Method: Credit Card or wire transfer.
** Payment policy: 50% in advance is required. After your booking is confirmed by hostelworld.com, You will be contacted to proceed and arrange the payment method. Failure to complete the payment in 5 working days will result in cancellation of your booking.
** Cancellation Policy: Non Refundable
** No-Show Policy: It will be charged the remaining due to check in
Please consider that only for those special dates and after you have made your Hostelworld Reservation (which is 10-17 %), we will contact you to further pay another 30-32 % (by credit card or Western Union Transfer) prior to arrival (unfortunately it has to be done after the initial reservation because we cannot do it within Hostelworld) ... also consider that this is non-refundable ... we take all these precautions because loads and loads of people ask for these specific periods and we cannot afford to have people 'not showing up'
I mean, are you really willing to pay up to double the price so you can stay in some dumb-dirty hostel just because it is like 100 meters nearer ipanema beach ?? ... we are at a 5 min. bus ride from a really nice-not-overcrowded beach but we are light years ahead the vast majority of the hostels in terms of service, staff, personality, fun, etc ...
Perharps you are willing to stay on just another hostel full of europeans, americans, aussies and israelis ?? no ?? yes ?? ... what if you could stay in a place where 60 % of the guests are brazilians ?? then you would get a real experience WITHIN the hostel, wouldnt that be bloody cool ??
Man, half of the hostels in Rio are complete crap and most of the other half are just dumb-nothing-to-do-except-for-sleeping places ... so you think you are pretty smart by booking a place 5 reals cheaper ?? a place with triple bunks, 16 + people dorms, thin mattresses, lousy breakfast, no bar, no fun ??
Here is my promise: make your reservation with us and when you arrive at the hostel if you do not like it we will pay you the taxi to any other hostel you want in rio ... Why would we do this ?? Because we are supremely confident that you will be delighted with Tupiniquim, i mean, when our guests come back to rio, 95 % of them come back to Tupiniquim ... See for yourself ...
... Tupiniquim is for sure the most original hostel in rio de janeiro - (O Globo Newspaper Review in feb. 2008) ... you are not staying in just another hostel, this is a really different hostel ...
We accept visa and mastercard !!!
Free WIFI for all our guests
Free pool table
Free TV / DVD room
Free Brazilian style breakfast: 08-10 am
But you see, the core of a hostel is not a beautiful and charming house (like ours), or plenty super-duper hot showers (which we have 13 of, in fact) or any of those welcome features ... The core is the people ... In this case the interaction between us, your brazilian hosts, and you ... We are here because of you ... Attention to detail and quality in every possible human aspect ... Command us ...
- multi-lingual staff: Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hebrew ...
- 24 hour reception ...
- Free WiFi if you prefer (speed according to your wifi setup, up to 50 Mbps) ...
- air conditioning in all rooms (from 08 PM till 10 AM)...
- security lockers big enough for your backpacks (1 x 1 x 0,50 meters each)
- bar and chilling area with a gorgeous view from the Christ ...
- Our TV room has a massive 55'' LCD in which you can enjoy cable tv (with all your favorites shows) and more than 400 films, all free of charge ...
- Pool table
- central location from all major attractions:
3 min. subway (one station) to Copacabana Beach
10 min. bus to Lapa, Domestic Airport (Santos-Dumont) and all the Historical Downtown of Rio
15 min. bus to Lagoa, Botanical Garden and the Sugar Loaf Mountain
15 min. subway (4 stations) to Ipanema Beach
20 min. bus to the Statue of Christ the Redeemer
20 min. bus to Ipanema Beach
25 min. subway to the Maracan Stadium (temple of football in Rio)
30 min. bus to the Central Bus Station (Rodoviria)
40 min. bus or taxi to the International Airport (Galeo)
- All rooms (except for 2 6-people shared bathroom) have their own bathroom and there are shared bathrooms in the 2nd. and 3rd. floor if you are in a hurry ...
- spacious rooms with extra big windows for maximum ventilation (except for 1 windowless shared room, but this got extra air conditioning: 6 PM to 12 pm ...
- solid-noble-wood double bunks with plenty of space (1 meter) between each bed ... I said double and not triple bunks :)
- 17 cm high and 120 kg resistant, comfortable, brand-new mattresses (and not those cheap and dirty ones you see in many hostels)
- 6 double, triple or quadruple private rooms ...
- free bedsheets and blankets
- free brazilian style breakfast (08:00 to 10:00)
- fully equipped backpackers kitchen where you can fully use all things (except for the fridge)
- luggage room ( in case you check out and want to hang around)
- plenty of space in our terrace with it's bbq area and Christ the Redeemer view ...
- lots of the most popular board games such as: chess, backgammon, checkers, risk, domino, cards, etc ...
- multicultural library to understand rio de janeiro and brazil
- airport and bus station pickup (subject to availability)
- all the travel info you might possibly need
- car parking (third party) available near the hostel
- taxes included
- no minimum or maximum stay (except for New Year's Eve and Carnival)
- no lockout or curfew
The prices displayed on Hostelworld are for Hostel International Members, after you make your reservation we will contact you to see if you are a member and offer you the membership.
Otherwise you will have to pay R$ 8 - R$ 15 per day on check in time.
We strongly recommend to be a member because depending on the number of nights that you stay the HI Hostel Card is for Free.
Disponibilità e tariffePer visualizzare la disponibilità e i prezzi, seleziona le date e fai clic su "Aggiorna date"
Ostello Servizi & Politiche
- Reception 24 ore su 24
- Sicurezza 24 ore su 24
- Aria condizionata
- Trasferimenti aeroporto
- Parcheggio per biciclette
- Giochi di società
- Prima colazione inclusa
- TV via cavo
- Si accettano bambini
- Sala comune
- Carte di credito accettate
- Mappe della città gratuite
- Wi-Fi gratuito
- Sala giochi
- Docce calde
- Accesso a Internet
- Biancheria inclusa
- Deposito bagagli
- Pasti disponibili
- Nessun coprifuoco
- IVA inclusa
- Macchine per tè/caffè
- Travel Desk per i tour
Politica di cancellazioneQuesta proprietà ha una politica di cancellazione di 0. La mancata cancellazione entro questo intervallo di tempo si tradurrà in una penale pari alla prima notte di pernottamento.
IndicazioniMostra mappaNascondi mappa
From the International Airport (Galeao):
Take the bus from the 'Real' company that goes to Copacabana (about R$ 13 reais) and ask the driver to drop you at the stop of Mourisco, a big mirror-building (last stop at Botafogo Beach) ... having the Mourisco on your left you'll see a viaduct, after you go under it you will already be in Rua Prof. Alvaro Rodrigues, go straight and the 4th street on the left is Paulo Barreto ...
Resuming: viaduct, straight ahead, fourth on the left ... (40 min. on the bus and 8 min. walk)
From the Domestic Airport (Santos-Dumont):
Take any of the following buses (about R$ 3,40 reais) that go through aterro do Flamengo: 404, 413, 415 or 455 and drop on the same bus stop I've just described, that is: Mourisco (10 min. on the bus, 8 min. walk)
From the Central Bus Station (Rodoviaria):
There are 2 ways: if you go the Mourisco way (same instructions) you'll take bus 127 or 128
The other way is to take bus 136, 170, 172 or 178 and drop on the 2nd. bus stop of Sao Clemente Street (right after 'Casa de Rui Barbosa'), take 19 de Fevereiro St., cross Voluntarios da Patria St., go up half a block to get to Paulo Barreto St.... (30 min. on the bus, 8 min. walk)
Coming from the old Tupiniquim
To you, guys that are already part of the Tribe, coming out of the old Tupiniquim go to the little plaza, there on the supermarket is General Polidoro St., go against the flux of the cars, fourth on the right is Paulo Barreto ... (about 6 min. walking)