Betel Box Backpacker Hostel
Betel Box Backpackers Hostel is a cosy, air-conditioned hostel housed in a restored 1920s shop-house. We have comfortable dormitory accommodation, a large communal area with guest kitchen, dining and lounge areas, internet terminals and a mini-library.
We are located on Joo Chiat Road, at the heart of Singapore's famous Katong and Geylang Serai district. Joo Chiat is Singapore's largest architecture conservation district with more than 900 individual buildings protected by law.
The hostel is 13 kilometres from Changi International Airport and 7 kilometres from City Hall (city centre). Well-connected buses and trains provide easy transport to all the sights and attractions of Singapore. The hostel is walking distance to the most popular park in Singapore, East Coast Beach, where you can swim, BBQ, bike and rollerblade. Joo Chiat is a great place to sample local Singaporean food. Every week we organise activites, including Tony's Famous Foodwalk in the district around the hostel. Other free tours include Pubcrawl by Singapore River, Nature Walk and City-by-the-Water Cycling Tour.
There is no curfew at the hostel; we have an electronic keypad lock at the front door, which means you can come and go as you wish, any time of the day. Staff are on hand to assist 24 hours a day and our communal areas are always open.
Your stay includes
- broadband internet (30 minutes daily)
- generous self-serve continental breakfast
- access to our neighbourhood professional fitness centre
- guided tours by licensed guides (minimum 6 persons)
· Check-in: 1:00 pm
· Check-out: 11:00 am
· Early check-in is subject to availability of beds. If you are arriving early, you are welcome to store your bags with us and check-in later in the day.
· Cancellation policy: 2 days
· Payment: due upon arrival, cash only (nearest ATM is a short walk away)
· We have a resident cat – Whisky
Disponibilità e tariffePer visualizzare la disponibilità e i prezzi, seleziona le date e fai clic su "Aggiorna date"
Ostello Servizi & Politiche
- Reception 24 ore su 24
- Sicurezza 24 ore su 24
- Aria condizionata
- Trasferimenti aeroporto
- Noleggio biciclette
- Parcheggio per biciclette
- Giochi di società
- Scambio di libri
- TV via cavo
- Sala comune
- Mappe della città gratuite
- Accesso a Internet gratuito
- Wi-Fi gratuito
- Sala giochi
- Docce calde
- Ferro e asse da stiro
- Biancheria inclusa
- Deposito bagagli
- Pasti disponibili
- Sala per meeting
- Forno a microonde
- Nessun coprifuoco
- Cassetta di sicurezza
- Macchine per thé e caffé
- Travel Desk per i tour
- Asciugamani a noleggio
Politica di cancellazioneQuesta proprietà ha una politica di cancellazione di 2. La mancata cancellazione entro questo intervallo di tempo si tradurrà in una penale pari alla prima notte di pernottamento.
IndicazioniMostra mappaNascondi mappa
Betel Box Hostel Singapore
200 Joo Chiat Road
The hostel is at the right-hand side of Joo Chiat Road just after the junction of Joo Chiat Place. Look for the green door with our logo.
Coming from Changi International Airport
The price for a ticket is about S$2.20. Please get the exact fare before boarding the bus.
From 06:00 until Midnight (every day)
- Bus 24 is the most convenient way to reach the hostel; we are a short walk away from the bus stop
- Take bus 24 from any terminal (basement)
- Ask bus driver to alert you when the bus reaches Joo Chiat Complex, which is at the corner of Joo Chiat Road and Changi Road
- Walk from bus stop in the same direction as the flow of traffic and turn left into Joo Chiat Road
- Walk down Joo Chiat Road for 7 minutes and you will see Betel Box Hostel on the right-hand side of the road
TRAIN (Mass Rapid Transit or MRT):
The closest MRT station for Betel Box Hostel is Paya Lebar on the East-West (EW) line (the green line).
The price for a ticket is about S$2.20.
From 05:31 until 23:18 (Monday to Saturday), from 05:59 until 23:18 (Sunday/ Public Holidays)
-The MRT station is located in Terminal 2 and 3 of Changi Airport
-If you arrive in Terminal 1, take the Skytrain to Terminal 2 or 3
- Take MRT to Paya Lebar station (station EW8 on the same line as the airport)
- Change at Tanah Merah station (2nd stop from airport, station EW4), but stay on the same platform for trains towards the city (direction Boon Lay)
- Take exit A (Sims Avenue exit), turn left and when you hit Tanjong Katong Road, turn left towards Sims Avenue
- Continue walking along Sims Avenue in the same direction as the traffic flow
- Turn right into Geylang Serai and walk straight, cross Changi Road and walk into Joo Chiat Road
- Walk down Joo Chiat Road for 7 minutes and you will see Betel Box Hostel on the right side of the road
- Total walking time: 15-20 minutes
The taxi ride from the airport to the hostel should not cost more than S$20 before midnight and S$26 after midnight. During peak hours, 6am – 9.30am & 6pm – midnight, it will be about $23. These prices are for the normal taxis only; avoid the limousines, vans and London black cabs, because they are all much more expensive.
Of course, the journey might be more expensive if the driver is lost or decides to take a longer route. ALWAYS get a MACHINE PRINTED receipt from the taxi driver in case there is any unhappiness over price, route or manners of the driver. Most taxi companies in Singapore take complaints very seriously and will provide a satisfactory result in such cases.
Taxis in Singapore have fare meters; do not accept any “offers” of flat rates!
Please note that we only accept CASH payment at our hostel.