Capitol City Hostel
* *Passport or face page copy or student ID or environmentalist pay-stub required- drivers' licenses are not acceptable ID for check in (even for Americans)** Capitol City Hostel is the cheapest and maybe the Capital's best value for a non party hostel. Couples can get a $5 discount per person by sharing a big dorm bed. Summer camp counselors can save $10 per person/ per night by sharing a big bed in a mixed dorm. We are a private, smoke-free hostel only for international travelers with passports (USA or foreign). We also accept environmentalists with pay stub, or ISIC/ US University ID holders (from schools at least 50 mi outside of DC) with credit card.
Accommodations are basic. Beds may not be in the same room, despite booking 4 beds in a 4 bed bedroom. Included is free 24 hour WIFI internet ,hot showers and free tea. Also free are maps, phone calls within the US, towels and linen. We offer lockers for free. Bring your own lock. But few problems in over 12 years because of the cosy atmosphere where everybody is a serious international traveler or student. We also have a laundry service ($5). There is no curfew or lock-out. Check-in, however before 9pm (w/ an hour grace period).
* *Passport or face page copy or student ID or environmentalist pay-stub required- drivers' licenses are not acceptable ID for check in (even for Americans)** Capitol City Hostel is the cheapest and maybe,despite our neighbor's cat named Kitty Baby, the Capitol's best value for a non party hostel. Couples can get a $5 discount per person by sharing a big dorm bed. Summer camp counselors can save $10 per person by sharing a big bed in a mixed dorm. We are a private, smoke-free hostel only for international travelers with passports (USA or foreign). We also accept environmentalists with pay stub, or ISIC/ US University prof or student ID holders (from schools at least 50 mi outside of DC) with credit card.
Accommodations are basic. Beds may not be in the same room, despite booking 4 beds in a 4 bed bedroom. Included is free 24 hour DSL and WIFI internet ,hot showers and free 24hr peanut butter toast and tea. Also free are maps, phone calls within the US, and linen. We (because we're strict about the passport and proof of current travel requirement) do not need to offer lockers. Few problems in over 7 years. We also have a laundry service ($5). We have no curfew or lock-out. Check-in, however before 9pm (w/ an hour grace period).
We are located 25 blocks (2 miles) from the Capitol Building and National Mall of memorials, monuments and first-quality and free of charge Smithsonian Museums. We also are located 40 blocks to the White House, all along H Street/ Benning, served by the X2 Metro Bus.
The hostel is easily accessible, just 30 blocks east of the Chinatown bus lines or 22 blocks east of Greyhound or Amtrak. (X2 bus going East on H St). By subway: 12-15 min. walk from Stadium. Continue North and East to the 2400 block of Benning Rd (between 24th and 25th on Benning, the main road, H Street extended East).
Disponibilità e tariffePer visualizzare la disponibilità e i prezzi, seleziona le date e fai clic su "Aggiorna date"
Ostello Servizi & Politiche
- Limitazione di età
- Aria condizionata
- Prima colazione non inclusa
- TV via cavo
- Sala comune
- Carte di credito accettate
- Telefono e fax
- Mappe della città gratuite
- Accesso a Internet gratuito
- Wi-Fi gratuito
- Asciugacapelli a noleggio
- Docce calde
- Accesso a Internet
- Biancheria inclusa
- Nessun coprifuoco
- Vietato fumare
- IVA inclusa
- Macchine per thé e caffé
- Asciugamani inclusi
- Distributori automatici
Politica di cancellazioneQuesta proprietà ha una politica di cancellazione di 2. La mancata cancellazione entro questo intervallo di tempo si tradurrà in una penale pari alla prima notte di pernottamento.
IndicazioniMostra mappaNascondi mappa
DO NOT GO TO BENNING ROAD METRO STATION! IT IS NOT CLOSE TO THE HOSTEL.
From Mega/ Bolt/ Greyhound/ Amtrak/ Union Station (also from BWI Airport: take free shuttle Amtrak or cheaper MARC to Union Station) Exit north from MegaBus/ Grehound/ Bolt garage on second floor of Union Station onto H Street's Hopscotch Bridge and turn right (east) walk downhill until 3rd, NE. There you'll find a bus stop on the main road ( H Street, NE) for the X2 or X1 Metro bus ($1.80). Take that bus 20 blocks to Oklahoma Ave. (Oklahoma Ave is actually 26th Street, the stop after 21st Street: Exit bus @ 26th and Benning Road (the eastbound stop is called Oklahoma Ave). Walk west (the opposite direction that the bus is driving), 1 and 1/2 block west to 2411 Benning. You will walk west along the main road past 7-11 on the corner of 25th and Benning. You will see, after crossing 25th street and staying on the main road, Benning Rd., our sign: Capitol City on the house in the middle of the block, next to the late-night Chinese food carryout , Kerry's.
From Chinatown buses: find H Street, NW (0 to 3 blocks) and take the X2 Metrobus in the east direction. Follow the above instructions relating to the X2 Metrobus.
From DCA (Reagan National) airport with minimal walking but longest rout: take Metro (train) to either Metro Center (with the Blue Line Metro train) or take the Yellow Line to Chinatown/Gallery Place (Chinatown is easiest but more crowded than Metro Center). Exit and find H Street, NW. Find the bus stop for the X2 Metro bus driving in the east direction and follow the above X2 directions for where you get off, etc..
From DCA with more walking but shorter travel time and saving $1.80 bus fare: take the Blue Line Metro to Stadium Armory and exit on the Stadium side. Follow the below walking instructions to the hostel from Stadium as described for the Dulles Airport traveler.
Dulles Airport (IAD) (first take 5A bus $5 to Rosslyn). Exit bus and take a Blue or Orange Line Metro to Stadium Armory. Exit the Stadium side and follow the below walking instructions to the hostel
DO NOT GO TO BENNING ROAD METRO STATION! It is not close to the hostel.
WALKING FROM STADIUM ARMORY: Exit Stadium side and continue walking in that direction, north, along 19th Street. Do not take any of those buses. Walk 3 blocks to C Street, NE and turn right. Walk 2 blocks and turn left onto 21st Street. Bare right onto Oklahoma and walk 3 blocks and turn left onto 24th street. Walk 2 blocks and turn right onto Benning Rd. 2411 is between 24th and 25th on the main road, Benning, next to Kerry's Chinese Food Carry Out. (Singles, who are not experienced with the occasional inner-city aggressive children pan-handlers, should take the H Street route of the X2 Metro Bus during the evenings.)