Rio de Janeiro has so much to offer that we honestly think that you could use our help.
Tupiniquim is not just a place to sleep, it is an experience, a dive into the unknown, Terra Incognita …
Tupiniquim is about the experience of being in Brazil, our cook only makes regional Brazilian food, our film selection has an emphasis for Brazilian cult films, the music that we play is selected among the best in Brazil, we call it 'brasilidade' in Portuguese and our goal is to make you feel that by the end of your stay.
Tupiniquim is also about quality. Given the few resources that hostels usually have, we make the best out of them, our customer support level is unheard of ... think of Leonidas and his 300 Spartans, they were in another league compared to the Greeks of their times, so are we in hostel management. Of course, that does not mean that we are by all means perfect, not in the slightest all, it only means that we try to improve by the minute, we have been like that for the last 10 years.
I mean, are you really willing to pay up to double the price so you can stay in some dumb-dirty hostel just because it is like 100 meters nearer Ipanema beach ?? ... we are at a 5 min. bus ride from the beach with is at the bottom of the Sugar Loaf Mountain (it is called the Red Beach) but we are light years ahead the vast majority of the hostels in terms of service, staff, personality, fun, etc ...
Perhaps you are willing to stay on just another hostel full of Europeans, Americans, Aussies and Israelis ?? ... what if you could stay in a place where 60 % of the guests are Brazilians ?? then you would get a real Brazilian experience starting at the hostel, wouldn’t that be bloody cool ??
My friend, half of the hostels in Rio are complete crap and most of the other half are just dumb-nothing-to-do-except-for-sleeping places ... so you think you are pretty smart by booking a place 5-10 reals cheaper ?? a place with triple bunks, 12 + people dorms, no air conditioning, thin mattresses, lousy breakfast, no bar, no fun ??
We have rooms for all kinds of needs, I am pretty sure there is one that will fit you perfectly:
• You want to come with your family, parents or kids ?? Private rooms that can accommodate 1 to 4 people are perfect for you.
• You want to come with a small group of friends ?? A quadruple private is hands down your best choice.
• You are a girl and you are old school, or have a jealous boyfriend or just want to feel more comfortable among ’sisters’, we have a very nice 6-people girls only room :)
• You are the poorest guy on earth ?? Don’t worry, we have a 10-bed dorm that is pretty cheap and still has all our free services.
• You do not want to deal with lots of people but do not have the money to pay a private ?? our 3-people mixed dorm is almost like a private room.
• You want the best cost/benefit, not a private, but not an overcrowded mixed dorm ?? We have 6 and 8 people dorms.
We accept all debit and credit cards:
Debit Cards: Visa Electron, Maestro.
Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diner’s Club.
All our rooms (except for two 6-people shared bathroom dorms) have their own bathroom inside the room (hence ensuite) and include the following facilities free of charge:
• Air Conditioning from 8 p.m. to 10 a.m. (full day costs an extra R$ 20 (aprox. US$ 5)
• Wi-Fi all over the hostel, also within the rooms: 50 Mbps speed.
• Linen included: pillow with pillowcase, 2 bedsheets and a blanket.
• Security lockers big enough for your backpacks (1 m x 1 m x 0.5 meters each)
• Solid-wood double bunks with plenty of space (1 meter) between each bed ... I said double and not triple bunks :)
• 17 cm high and 120 kg resistant, comfortable, mattresses (not those cheap and dirty ones you get in many hostels)
Besides that we have many other services, most of them for free:
• 24 hour Reception
• Continental breakfast, Brazilian style, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. for R$ 12 (aprox. US$ 4)
• Multi-lingual staff: Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hebrew.
• Free Pool Table & Bar service, open 24/7: water, soda, beer, whisky, caipirinha, etc …
• Open terrace with a view of the Christ the Redeemer Statue open from 7 a.m. ‘till 10 p.m.
• Dinner service from 7 p.m. ‘till 10 p.m. for R$ 20 (aprox. US$ 5), regional Brazilian food, self-service style.
• Open kitchen for our guests to prepare their own food (except for the fridge)
• TV room with a massive 54” screen, full cable TV (HBO, Telecine, Cinemax, etc …), Netflix and a selection of more than 1200 selected films, all of this for free …
• We have a place for you to wash your clothes by hand and dry them.
• Rent (R$ 1 per day) or buy (R$ 15) a 30 mm padlock to use in our lockers.
• Luggage storage room (in case you have already checked out and want/need to hang around)
• Lots of the most popular board games such as: chess, backgammon, checkers, risk, domino, cards, etc ...
• Multicultural library for all your reading needs.
• All the travel info you might possibly need, tours as well.
• Car parking (third party) available near the hostel.
• Taxes included.
• No minimum or maximum stay (except for New Year's Eve, Carnival or Olympic Games)
• No lockout or curfew.
Central location to all major attractions:
• 4 min. subway (one station) to Copacabana Beach.
• 10 min. subway (4 stations) to Ipanema Beach.
• 12 min. subway (5 stations) to all the Historical Downtown of Rio.
• 15 min. bus to Lapa, Domestic Airport (Santos-Dumont), Lagoa, Botanical Garden and the Sugar Loaf Mountain.
• 25 min. bus to the Statue of Christ the Redeemer.
• 30 min. subway (12 stations) to the Maracanã Stadium.
• 40 min. bus to the Central Bus Station (Rodoviária)
• 50 min. bus or taxi to the International Airport (Galeão)
• 70 min. bus to Barra da Tijuca Beach.
General Policies for New Years Eve, Carnival, Rock in Rio, Olympic & Paralympic Games:
• Minimum Stay: 3 nights.
• Payment Method: Credit Card or Wire Transfer (Western Union or Moneygram)
• Payment policy: 50% in advance is required. After your booking is confirmed by hostels.com, you will be contacted to proceed and arrange the payment method. Failure to complete the payment in 5 working days will result in cancellation of your booking.
• Cancellation Policy: Non Refundable.
• No-Show Policy: It will be charged the remaining due at check in.
Please consider that only for those special dates and after you have made your hostels.com Reservation (which is 20 %), we will contact you to further pay another 30 % (by credit card or Western Union Transfer) prior to arrival. Unfortunately it has to be done after the initial reservation because we cannot do it within hostels.com ... also consider that this is non-refundable ... we take all these precautions because loads and loads of people ask for these specific periods and we cannot afford to have people 'not showing up’.
Drugs are not permitted in the hostel. Failure to comply with this implies calling the police.
All rooms are non-smoking, following Brazilian law Nº 12.546/2011 it is forbidden to smoke in closed spaces such as rooms, bathrooms, corridors, etc ... it is only allowed on open spaces such as our terrace ...
Use of the refrigerator is not permitted for we are not able to comply with local sanitary laws on behalf of our guests food. The only exception being for medical reasons or baby food.
예약 가능 여부 및 가격예약 가능 여부와 가격을 보려면 날짜를 선택한 후 '날짜 업데이트'를 클릭하세요'
호스텔 시설 & 정책
- 24시간 리셉션
- 24시간 보안
- 공항 픽업 및 드롭오프
- 자전거 주차
- 보드 게임
- 조식 포함
- 케이블 TV
- 어린이 친화적
- 신용 카드가 허용됨
- 무료 시티 맵
- 무료 와이파이
- 온수 샤워
- 인터넷 액세스
- 다리미 및 다리미판
- 시트 포함
- 수하물 보관소
- 식사 이용 가능
- 통금 시간 없음
- 야외 테라스
- 세금 포함
- 차&커피 시설
- 투어 여행 데스크
- 타월 대여
취소 정책이 숙소는 0일 취소 정책이 있습니다. 이 시간 내에 취소하지 않으면 체류 첫날 밤에 부과되는 숙박료와 똑같은 금액의 취소 수수료가 발생합니다.
약도지도 보기지도 숨기기
From the International Airport Galeão (GIG)
Take the bus from the "Real" company that goes to Copacabana (it costs R$ 13.50 reals, aprox. US$ 3) and ask the driver to drop you at the bus stop of Mourisco, a big mirror-building (last stop at Botafogo Beach) ... having the Mourisco on your left you'll see a viaduct, after you go under it you will already be in Prof. Álvaro Rodrigues St., go straight and the 4th street on the left is Paulo Barreto St.
It takes about 40-50 min. on the bus + 5 min. walk.
From the Domestic Airport Santos-Dumont (SDU)
Take any of the following buses that go through “Aterro do Flamengo": 455 or 484 (they cost R$ 3.80 reals, aprox. US$ 1) and ask the driver to drop you at the bus stop of Mourisco, a big mirror-building (last stop at Botafogo Beach) ... having the Mourisco on your left you'll see a viaduct, after you go under it you will already be in Prof. Álvaro Rodrigues St., go straight and the 4th street on the left is Paulo Barreto St.
It takes about 10-15 min. on the bus + 5 min. walk .
From the Central Bus Station (Rodoviária)
Take any of the following buses that go through “Aterro do Flamengo": 136, 170, 172 or 178 (they cost R$ 3.80 reals, aprox. US$ 1) and ask the driver to drop you at the bus stop of São Clemente St. (right after "Casa de Rui Barbosa"), take 19 de Fevereiro St., cross Voluntários da Pátria St., go up half a block to get to Paulo Barreto St.
It takes about 30-40 min. on the bus + 8 min. walk.